I don’t even remember passing out in the outhouse! Just kidding……maybe. Seriously though, this is a great Christmas gift idea because it is so easy to make. I put mine in a Mason jar to give it that authentic redneck look and tied a bow of twine around it. This Apple Pie Moonshine does contain strong alcohol so warn the lucky recipients of this gift to drink responsibly.
- In a very large pot (I used my crab pot bottom) mix together everything except the alcohol.
- Bring almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve spices and sugar.
- Cool completely and then add alcohol.
- Stir well to make sure all alcohol is combined.
- Ladel into pint or quart sized Mason jars.
- I used my canning funnel in the top of the Mason jars.
- I added a small cinnamon stick to each jar.
- Store in a refrigerator.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Yields: 16 – 18 pints
Note: My moonshine looks especially dark because I used blue Mason jars so when the shine is gone my friends will have a nice blue 100th anniversary jar.
Shake well before drinking as spices settle to the bottom.