On the 12th day of Christmas my true love made for me, Saltine Toffee Cookies! This Saltine Toffee Cookie recipe is so simple yet so delicious. They make a fantastic gift for the homemade gift giver.
Christmas Baking Recipes - Saltine Toffee Cookies with Nuts
Author: Kooky Carol
- 1 sleeve of salted Saltine Crackers
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 bag of Nestle semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and align crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and butter. Bring it to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over crackers and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake @ 400° for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to let the chips melt a bit and spread over the top.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve.