I love giving homemade gifts for Christmas but am so busy during the holidays that I look for a quick and easy Christmas baking recipe. These easy Saltine Toffee Cookies are perfect! The lucky recipients of these cookies will know they are special. Dress them up in a festive Christmas container and everyone will be ho ho ho happy.
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and align crackers in a single layer.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and butter. Bring it to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour over crackers and spread to cover crackers completely.
- Bake @ 400° for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to let the chips melt a bit and spread over the top.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top and let cool completely.
- Break into pieces and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 6 minute(s)