Toffee Bars are the perfect Christmas Baking Recipe. They make a wonderful presentation when cut and placed in a pretty little Christmas cupcake holder for dessert after dinner. They are sweet and chewy and simply delicious. I could eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner but save them for special occasions because they are that good.
- Preheat oven to 350° .
- In your food processor or blender mix your flour, 1 cup of brown sugar and softened butter. Mix it until it has the consistency of cornmeal.
- Press into the bottom of an ungreased 9×13 cake pan.
- Spread pecan halves in an even layer on top of the crust.
- Melt together in a heavy sauce pan the remaining 2 sticks of butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar. Boil for exactly 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Gently pour over crust and pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute then evenly spread chocolate morsels. Let them melt for a minute or two then spread evenly over the top. I find a cake icing spatula works the best.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting.