Are you going to a Christmas party and need a Christmas Baking Recipe? Try my banana pumpkin bread recipe with a streusel topping and drizzled with an orange glaze. I promise your guests or family will love it. Try cutting it into pieces and placing it into cupcake holders. Then, serve it from a beautiful Christmas platter.
- 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- 1/4 chopped pecans
- 1/4 rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cubed cold butter
- Cream shortening and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well in between.
- Beat in the bananas, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour evenly into 4 greased mini loaf pans.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and cut in using pastry cutter until coarse.
- Add 1/4 cup to top of batter on each.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- When cooled drizzle with orange glaze.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4 mini loaves