If you are a Marylander you LOVE Old Bay Seasoning. These crispy, juicy, succulent wings are a favorite of people living anywhere near the Chesapeake Bay.
- Mix together flour, Old Bay, and cayenne pepper in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Close and shake well.
- Add chicken wings to Ziploc bag and shake well coating all wings.
- Place wings and any excess flour mixture on a cookie sheet in a single layer and let sit for 1 hour to soak up seasonings.
- In a dutch oven or deep fat fryer heat oil to 350 degrees. Use enough oil to fully submerge wings.
- When oil is at 350 degrees add 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Cook wings for 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness. Do not overcrowd wings!
- As soon as wings are out of the fryer, sprinkle with a generous amount of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10-15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8