My husband promised to buy me a new charm at the Brighton store if I was a good girl. Apparently, I was a good girl and he took me to the Brighton store and bought me a new charm. On the way out the clerk told us to try some of her homemade bread and we did. It was absolutely delicious. It was Banana Pumpkin Bread and she said she got the recipe off of Pinterest. Truth be told, the first recipe I tried turned out like bricks. I knew I could make it better and that I did. This bread is just so light and fluffy and the streusel topping gives it a little bit of crunch and extra pizzaz.
- 1/2 cup Crisco Shortening
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan
- Cream shortening and sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add eggs 1 at a time mixing well in between.
- Beat in the bananas, pumpkin and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour evenly into 4 greased mini loaf pans.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and cut in using pastry cutter until coarse.
- Add 1/4 cup to top of batter on each.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 40 minute(s)