This hot sausage dip is a keeper for your best appetizer recipes. Absolutely perfect to take to a playoff party. It doesn’t matter which team you are rooting for because your Sausage Dip will be the winner!
- In a large skillet break apart sausage and cook thoroughly until no pink is showing and it is crumbly.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, after you pour the fat out of your pan, add cream cheese, Rotel (drained), chopped green chili’s (drained), red pepper, jalapeño powder, and hot sauce.
- Stir and cook on medium low heat until thoroughly mixed. The longer you cook it the spicier it will be as heat intensifies the spice.
- Add sausage to mixture and heat through.
- Cut baguette on the bias and place on cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake bread on a cookies sheet in a single layer at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve baguette along side of Sausage Dip.
- If you don’t like it spicy you may omit the red pepper flakes, jalapeño powder, and hot sauce.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8