Are you ready for some football? Whether you are looking for easy football food recipes or an easy tailgating recipe this is a winner! Here in Maryland Old Bay is a staple in our kitchen and chicken wings are a must during a game. These wings are a football snack hit, especially with my blue cheese dip.
- 4 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning (reserving 1/4 cup).
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cooking oil
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- Mix together flour, Old Bay, and cayenne pepper in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Close and shake well.
- Add chicken wings to Ziploc bag and shake well coating all wings.
- Place wings and any excess flour mixture on a cookie sheet in a single layer and let sit for 1 hour to soak up seasonings.
- In a dutch oven or deep fat fryer heat oil to 350 degrees. Use enough oil to fully submerge wings.
- When oil is at 350 degrees add 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Cook wings for 10-15 minutes or until desired crispness. Do not overcrowd wings!
- As soon as wings are out of the fryer, sprinkle with a generous amount of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Serve with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce on the side.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10-15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Look at these fun football themed serving trays I found to serve your wings on.